Please share widely (MSW's highly encouraged to apply)ResponsibilitiesThe Program Manager for the Latinx Center for Excellence (7397U #23783) position will manage Berkeley Social Welfare’s Latinx Center of Excellence. This person will organize and facilitate Center programming and activities, which include grant management, data analysis, report writing, project management, event planning, outreach coordination, evaluation, etc. They will utilize multiple data systems (student data, field placement data, CalAnswers, instructional data, etc.) to pull reports and analyze trends to present to senior leadership. They will also assist the Research Director, Post-Doctoral Fellow, and Graduate Student Researchers in supporting and coordinating student-led research, research and evaluation grants, and conference presentations. This position will liaise with external constituents and partners regarding field placements and program activities and goals and collaborate with the Field Education Program, Student Services, and the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC).
This position will report to the Latinx Center of Excellence Program Director. They will directly contribute to Center strategies, policies, and goals, as well as manage and facilitate Center resources and programming in close cooperation with the Center Director, Research Director, Program Evaluator, Field Education Director, Post-Doctoral Fellow, and Graduate Student Researcher(s). They will apply professional knowledge and concepts to gather data, conduct analyses, and develop reports and policies to promote and enhance Center goals and strategies.
• Utilize and analyze data from a variety of sources (including CalAnswers, Qualtrics, etc.) to compile information to inform decision-making.
• Prepare analyses, recommendations, reports, and/or briefs for presentation to Center Team, School leadership, and/or external stakeholders.
• Manage logistics, planning, and execution of Center’s activities (pipeline programs, outreach efforts, academic support programming, etc.)
• Manage and coordinate meetings and events, such as outreach meetings with local schools and stakeholders, annual Convenings, partnership development meetings, etc.
• Manage student, alumni, and stakeholder engagement and activities.
• Develop program communications, reports, and other materials for website, social media, and marketing.
• Organize and implement summer immersion program (including communication and coordination with our Mexican program partners).
• Assist in the management of the Center budget and deliverables in partnership with Directors and Berkeley Social Welfare administration.
• Serve as a point of contact for agencies, partners, and stakeholders regarding Center activities
• Provide high-touch, hands-on support during to students, stakeholders, partners, and faculty.Required QualificationsKnowledge/Skills:
• Bilingual and bicultural in Spanish and English (verbal and written).
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing (in English and in Spanish)
• Solid ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
• Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Working skills to analyze information and synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
• Experience with event planning, social media, and web design.
• Experience with data analysis, evaluation, and grant administration.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/trainingPreferred Qualifications• Experience managing programs including grant writing and program planning, monitoring, and evaluation
• A Master of Social Welfare/Work (MSW) or related degree (in Social Welfare or related field preferred)Salary & Benefits$21.70 - $31.13 hourly, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:How to ApplyPlease submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.Conviction History BackgroundThis is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.Equal Employment OpportunityThe University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
You can view and apply for this job at:
Program Manager for the Latinx Center for Excellence
Thursday, September 28, 2017